Sunday, January 30, 2011

Can You Give Meclizine To Dogs?

Are there any "adult" sport mode?

I find the sports fashion to cry: running shoes, skis and ski suits all brands look the same. Wilde patterns, wild colors, not elegant. A nice, solid color, good quality ski suit costs 2000 francs, and a sleek running shoe for men I have ever discovered. Am I alone in this assessment? Andreas K., Zurich


S ou are not alone, I largely agree with your assessment. Fortunately, I'm not a very active winter sports, I had the materials and patterns of the clothing is a horror. But it country is in sight. There are more brands that feel that there are now a generation of adult men who want to wear something less Kiddiemässiges but nevertheless comfortable. Look for example at the Silver collection from Adidas.

supplement dated 31/01/2011 of reader Yves S.:
Known as Skibekleidungsfirmen Bogner, Kjus, etc. unfortunately, have actually seen better days and should be avoided. As we see every year more new development does not just what the cuts and quality terms. I hardly dare to take my Bogner jacket from the closet is so outdated as it is! Most companies like The North Face, Peak Performance, Arc'teryx Norrøna or have your super together with technical mountain clothing more and more outfits for 'normal' Wintersportlerim offer. have
There are also several Standard Brands, the good and relatively monochromatic clothes on offer, such as Oakley. You have to look, unfortunately, but they are there. should Cheap ski clothes to avoid it but to do so finally, winter sports and beach volleyball at 35 °. My tips: Isa Ora http://www.isaora.com/ (good quality, cut, style, etc. - yet absolutely unknown brand from NYC My choice: http://www.whiteout.biz (the subsidiary of the Norwegian brand Norrøna. !, unfortunately limited edition and only available every 2 years, very expensive)


Supplement dated 31.1.11 from reader Ellen S.:
As a ( still) active and athletic woman nearing 70, one of my major concerns on the ski slope security is For me, security means -. of course - fitness, and wearing a helmet. But it also means VISIBILITY! Thus I have NEVER owned a white ski suit. Or a black one. Or even red. I found an orange outfit (in separate pieces) at the "going-out-of-business" sale of the now-defunct/sort-of-revived JetSet about 20 years ago and it is still good.

Three years ago I found the perfect TOP jacket in Astoria , Oregon (a wonderful little city on the Pacific coast near Wilappa Bay, which is home to some of the most perfect oysters I have ever tasted) and the current home of our daughter and her family. I spotted this jacket from some distance away as it was actually a hunting jacket hanging on a rack outside the sporting-goods store. And that means it is aggressively , neon orange with a few inky-black "tree branche sketches" scattered on it. It is lined-but-light, waterproof and the top layer of my ancient JetSet ski gear. I treasure it for its insulation and
"glaring" visibility it gives me.

If other skiers are worried about the old, crazy lady in NEON orange and avoid me, that is also the point. But most people can't imagine that a "grown-up" would wear such gear.  You would give me marks as a circus performer, and I think there are situations where style is less important than "the safety factor". But I also get a kick out of compliments from snow-boarders who call out "Koool Jacke!!" as we swoosh by each other in our different styles and later chat at a snow-bar where these neat kids discover someone their mother's (or grandmother's) age. It's good for them to realize that we oldies can still be goodies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment