Thursday, January 20, 2011

Greek And Roman In Romeo And Juliet

Audrey Niffenegger: The Time Traveler's Wife.

It is before Christmas (it is not, but since I started the article) . I spent a month traveling. I have a stack of books, and almost all have liked me. I have been building up thoughts. In my mailbox I found on my return, strangely, a handful of advertising requests - I have rejected all, and I will have to produce anything. Because all what you read here should come from the heart.

almost two years there is an ax, and I must confess: I find it often difficult to meet the net. Sometimes does my head breaks, and many a job in my day job (yes, there are) going to my limits. Nevertheless, all who read along here, I would say: it goes on with an ax. Sometimes it's slow, sometimes it is uninspired, sometimes at a loss. But it goes on. Maybe more in analog speed. Whatever. to

instead be sentimental, I put you prefer The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger ends his heart. The novel was filmed not too long ago, but I have not watched the movie and am referring exclusively to the book.

so completely in front and unintellectual - who just this Winter melancholic longing feeling inside, can escape the Time Traveler's Wife little. Anyone who has ever missed violently, dreamed and loved, will terminate with high probability while reading his mind into a room and want to indulge in shameless kitsch. Kitsch is of course a bad word for such a delicate novel, yet I have to note here is that you already love an idealist terms should be to enjoy the story really can.

grabs the irresistible story of the soul mate that is, those of us in the neck that go on and do not want to dream of the one of the truly great and everlasting love. What the heck, sometimes you want something, and Audrey Niffenegger makes fabulous.

And that's what Henry DeTamble has an uncontrollable genetic defect that forces him to travel spontaneously through time. On these time travels, he met the six years of Clare, the future wife of his later self. The different versions of Henry visit the adolescent Clare repeatedly on his time travel, because his present unconscious it seems reliable to send back there. Because Henry knows what will happen in the future, he tells Clare to their own protection are almost unheard of - and yet he is the one who finally experienced their first "adult" meeting completely clueless. Because of Henry, met the now adult Clare in a library, his first journey to their experienced before not even during Clare Henry knows almost all her life.

Whether you like love stories or not - The Time Traveler's Wife is a really great, consistently applied idea. And I think that even unconventional realists in this boy-meets-girl story, will find favor. For Audrey Niffenegger the time many links sent to threads together and seeks to significantly avoid cliché (of which except that the fateful love as such already is one, but we are not here at the Financial Times).

A great novel for a melancholy afternoon with tea and biscuits, if the partner is currently on tour and will be missed by us. And who has no partner can be wonderful to imagine when reading that the future could arrive at any moment sweetheart from the future. Is not bad.



This article is the way for Kristina, who gave me the other day a little motivation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment